Social platforms are key advertising and marketing channels for ecommerce sellers. Amongst these channels is Reddit, which is chock-full of evaluations that entice customers.
I addressed final month the advantages of Reddit to on-line sellers, describing 5 of my favourite methods to have interaction with members of the platform.
On this submit, I’ll profile a couple of manufacturers that use Reddit efficiently, spreading consciousness and driving visitors to their websites.
Phrases to Know
- Mods. Brief for moderators, these are volunteers who handle the subreddits.
- Thread. A selected dialogue on Reddit. While you publish a submit in a subreddit, you might be making a thread.
- Upvote. Akin to “liking” a submit on Fb or Instagram, customers upvote a remark or submit once they prefer it. This will increase the submit’s visibility.
- Downvote. The other of an upvote, downvotes cut back a submit’s visibility.
- OP. Stands for “Unique Poster.” The time period refers to the one who first posted a thread.
- AMA. An acronym for “Ask Me Something.” It’s a fashionable subreddit for interactive interviews. The classes are dwell and final an hour. Redditors ask the questions, and the host responds in real-time.
- Aptitude. Akin to a class, a aptitude tag will be added to a thread for customers to filter primarily based on their preferences.
Manufacturers Discovering Success with Subreddits
Microsoft’s main subreddit gives help to its prospects and prospects. Questions deal with software program updates, new product launches, and numerous options. Plus, the subreddit helps Microsoft customers join.
We all know this as a result of we see that the moderators have pinned “Microsoft: Official Assist Thread” on the high of the group board. We additionally see Microsoft mods pinning notices of particular occasions.
The customer support reveals Redditors that Microsoft is listening to them and needs to unravel their issues. Microsoft additionally has a preferred subreddit group for Xbox 360.
Adobe Photoshop’s subreddit is organized into user-friendly classes — “aptitude” in Reddit-speak — all geared toward serving to customers of Photoshop be taught extra and request assist.
Adobe additionally makes use of the favored subreddit to solicit buyer suggestions, asking, “What would you enhance in Photoshop?”
Spotify’s subreddit creates engagement by encouraging members to share their playlists. In 2014, Spotify requested Redditors 30 questions relating to songs and the way we connect emotions to them. It garnered greater than 10,000 submissions. Spotify then created a playlist primarily based on the submissions! This marketing campaign led to Spotify profitable Reddit’s “Neighborhood Model of the Yr 2014” award.
Tushy, a direct-to-consumer bidet attachment firm, has seen a lot success for years by internet hosting its personal subreddit, which features a hyperlink to a web page on Tushy’s web site personalized for Redditors.
In November of 2020, Tushy debuted a sponsored submit the place it agreed to make a restricted version bidet that modified the “Bum Wash” label to “A** Blast” on the situation that the advert was upvoted 10,000 instances. The problem was met, and Tushy has stated it can comply with by means of with its promise.
CeraVe, a skincare supplier, is a wonderful instance of changing into fashionable with out even attempting! It’s probably the most talked about model on the r/SkincareAddiction subreddit, which has 1.4 million members. Tom Allison, CeraVe co-founder, advised Trendy Retail that “CeraVe has not put any paid help behind Reddit at the moment,” noting that the model drives consciousness through word-of-mouth.
CeraVe lets customers do the speaking on Reddit. Are customers discussing your firm? Scour the threads and have interaction with individuals conversing about your merchandise. If there are sufficient, it could possibly be an indication to create your individual subreddit.